Barcelona terror attack: Family of Julian Cadman fly to Spain in desperate search for missing 7-year-old

1 London

London News & Search

1 News - 1 eMovies - 1 eMusic - 1 eBooks - 1 Search

The family of a seven-year-old boy missing since the Barcelona terror attack have launched a desperate appeal to find the youngster.

Relatives of Julian Alessandro Cadman – who is understood to be a dual British-Australian national – have flown to the Spanish city to search for the seven-year-old.

His grandfather launched an emotional Facebook appeal on Saturday, after the seven-year-old became separated from his mother during the attack.

Fourteen people were killed when terrorists mowed down pedestrians on Las Ramblas and the seaside resort of Cambrils on Thursday.

Julian’s father and grandmother are travelling to Spain from Australia as they await news, family member Debbie Cadman said.

Grandfather Tony Cadman has urged people to share a photograph of Julian on Facebook.

He wrote: “My grandson, Julian Alessandro Cadman, is missing. Please like and share. We have found Jom (my daughter in law) and she is (in a) serious but stable condition in hospital.

“Julian is seven years old and was out with Jom when they were separated, due to the recent terrorist activity. Please share if you have family or friends in Barcelona.”

In the photograph, Julian is wearing a jumper with a crest that says Chiddingstone Nursery, which is a nursery school in Kent.

A woman lays tributes to the victims of the Barcelona terror attack (AFP/Getty Images)

On Saturday the Philippines government said a seven-year-old child who is missing following the attack is the son of a 43-year-old Filipino woman who had been living in Australia.

Foreign Affairs Undersecretary for Migrant Workers Affairs Sarah Arriola said the woman was with her son in Barcelona to attend the wedding of a cousin from the Philippines.

Ms Arriola said the woman, who was seriously injured, became separated from her child in the attack, and her British husband is headed to Barcelona to try to find his son.

After Mr Cadman made a plea for information, Prime Minister Theresa May said UK authorities were “urgently looking into reports” that a child, who has dual British nationality, is missing.

On Saturday Australian prime minister Malcolm Turnbull, without naming the child, asked people to pray for a young Australian boy who is missing in the wake of the attack.

He said the boy’s mother was badly injured and is in hospital.

“All of us as parents know the anguish his father is going through, and his whole family is going through, as they rush to seek to find him in Barcelona,” Mr Turnbull added.


1 London

London News & Search

1 News - 1 eMovies - 1 eMusic - 1 eBooks - 1 Search


Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Facebooktwitterlinkedinrssyoutube

Leave a Reply