Donald Trump condemns Barcelona terror rampage that left 12 people dead on Las Ramblas

1 London

London News & Search

1 News - 1 eMovies - 1 eMusic - 1 eBooks - 1 Search

Donald Trump has condemned a horrific van attack in Barcelona which left 12 people dead and 80 injured.

The US president said on Twitter: “The United States condemns the terror attack in Barcelona, Spain, and will do whatever is necessary to help.

“Be tough & strong, we love you!”

The message came just hours after a van mounted the pavement and veered into crowds on tourist hotspot Las Ramblas.

The Catalonian government confirmed 12 people had been killed in the attack which happened just after 5pm (local time) on Thursday.

Two suspects have been arrested over the rampage.

A third man was shot dead by police after attempting to run over officers at a traffic blockade in the city. Authorities have not confirmed whether the shooting is linked to the attack.

Leaders from across the world shared messages of solidarity with Spain.

Theresa May branded the attack – which mirrored atrocities on London Bridge and Westminster Bridge earlier this year – as “terrible”.

European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker, meanwhile, said it was “with profound sorrow and anguish that I have learnt of the terrorist attack that has struck at the heart of Barcelona this afternoon.” 

He added: “This cowardly attack has deliberately targeted those enjoying life and sharing time with family and friends. We will never be cowed by such barbarism.” 

French President Emmanuel Macron tweeted: “All my thoughts and solidarity from France for the victims of the tragic attack in Barcelona. We will remain united and determined.” 

Isis have claimed responsibility for the attack.


1 London

London News & Search

1 News - 1 eMovies - 1 eMusic - 1 eBooks - 1 Search


Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Facebooktwitterlinkedinrssyoutube

Leave a Reply