Julian Cadman: British-born boy, 7, confirmed dead after Barcelona van attack

1 London

London News & Search

1 News - 1 eMovies - 1 eMusic - 1 eBooks - 1 Search

British-born Julian Cadman has been confirmed as one of the victims of the Barcelona terror attack.

The seven-year-old’s family said they had been “so blessed” to have had him in their lives as they confirmed he was among the 13 killed when a van ploughed into crowds on Las Ramblas on Thursday.

In a statement the family said: “We are so blessed to have had him in our lives and will remember his smiles and hold his memory dear to our hearts.”

Julian’s father Andrew Cadman landed in Barcelona yesterday after an agonising flight from Sydney, where the family has lived since Julian was four. He holds dual British-Australian nationality.

Mr Cadman’s wife Jumarie was also seriously injured when she and her son were caught up in the massacre on the city’s busy central boulevard.

They became separated as the vehicle zig-zagged through pedestrians. In the immediate aftermath of the attack, family members posted desperate appeals on social media to find Julian’s whereabouts as many, including British officials, believed he was missing.

In a separate statement shared by the Spanish missing persons bureau, a company named Virbac who Mr Cadman worked for said: “The family of Julian Cadman have informed us that regrettably he is one of the victims of the attack and they have asked us to thank all the people who have spread the news.

“In these unjust, hard and painful moments we share the feelings of Julian’s relatives and friends. Rest in peace.”

Meanwhile Catalan emergency services confirmed details of two more people killed in the attack, which also left more than 130 injured.

Officials said another Belgian and a third Italian were among the dead.

This page is being updated.


1 London

London News & Search

1 News - 1 eMovies - 1 eMusic - 1 eBooks - 1 Search


Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Facebooktwitterlinkedinrssyoutube

Leave a Reply