Julian Cadman: Hopes fade for missing British-Australian seven-year-old as father arrives in Barcelona

1 London

London News & Search

1 News - 1 eMovies - 1 eMusic - 1 eBooks - 1 Search

The father of a British-born seven-year-old has arrived in Barcelona as hopes fade that he will be found safe and well after being caught up in the terror attack on Las Ramblas.

Andrew Cadman was pictured with a police escort as he made his way to his wife’s bedside after she was seriously injured when a van ploughed into crowds of people on the busy central promenade on Thursday.

His seven-year-old son Julian Cadman, who was born in Kent before moving to Australia, became separated from his mother Jumerie as the vehicle zig-zigged through pedestrians, killing 13 and injuring more than 130 others.

Since then British officials have described him as “missing” but on Saturday Spanish police tweeted: “Neither were we searching nor have we found any lost child in the Barcelona attack. All the victims and injured have been located.”

According to newspaper El País, Barcelona’s regional Los Mossos d’Esquadra police force said that Julian Cadman had been on their list of “victims and injured” from the start.

But following the attack on the bustling central promenade on Thursday afternoon, the boy’s family appealed on social media for help tracking down the youngster who they said was missing.

The boy’s grandfather, Tony Cadman, originally from Dorset but who now lives in Australia, shared a photo and wrote on Facebook: “My grandson, Julian Alessandro Cadman is missing.” The post has since been taken down.

There has been no official comment on his condition.

At least 14 people were killed and more than 100 injured in twin terror attacks in Spain, with those affected hailing from all over the world.

Citizens of 34 countries were caught up in the atrocities in Barcelona and nearby Cambrils, including England, Ireland, Spain, Germany, Australia, Canada, the United States, France and China.

Catalan authorities said they have identified eight victims of the attack in Barcelona as an Italian, two Portuguese, three Spanish, one Spanish-Argentine and an American.

The victim of the second assault in Cambrils has been identified as a Spanish woman.

Family members or government officials have said another two Italians, a Belgian and a Canadian are also amongst the dead following the attack in Barcelona.

Among those identified are Italian Bruno Gulotta, 35, who was on holiday with his partner and two children when attackers struck.

Belgian Elke Vanbockrijck, 44, was also holidaying with family when she was mown down on Las Ramblas.

Californian Jared Tucker, 42, has been confirmed as among those killed in the deadly truck attack, according to his father Daniel.

He told the New York Daily News: “We just got the text – Jared’s body was identified at the morgue by his wife. It’s just something we really just don’t understand. I don’t know what else to say.”

The American was reportedly on an anniversary trip with his wife.

Catalan police have said the terror cell behind the attacks has now been “completely dismantled“, although a manhunt continues for Moroccan Younes Abouyaaqoub in connection with the incident.


1 London

London News & Search

1 News - 1 eMovies - 1 eMusic - 1 eBooks - 1 Search


Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Facebooktwitterlinkedinrssyoutube

Leave a Reply