Prince William tells of 'very interesting week' as woman bailed for 'breaking into Prince George's school'

1 London

London News & Search

1 News - 1 eMovies - 1 eMusic - 1 eBooks - 1 Search

Prince William has spoken out about the “very interesting” week his son has had as the women arrested for trying to break into Prince George’s school was released on bail.

The four-year-old Prince, who started school last week, returned to Thomas’s Battersea on Thursday morning – where plain-clothed police officers were stationed outside.

George was driven through a side entrance in a black Range Rover as police reviewed the school’s security following the scare.

As his father toured the Aintree University Hospital in Liverpool, he said that “it had been a very interesting week”, referring to George starting school and the Duchess being unwell.

Prince William tells patient at Aintree he’s had an ‘interesting week’

Speaking to patient Pagan Tordengrav, 55, William said his wife, who is suffering from severe morning sickness, was doing “very well”.

He added: “And George is at school. It’s been a very interesting week.”

‘Interesting week’: The Duke of Cambridge meets members of the public during his visit to Aintree University Hospital (PA)

A 40-year-old woman allegedly tried to get inside Thomas’s Battersea, south London, on Tuesday but was reportedly detained by undercover police officers in a square just 100 yards from the school. 

Scotland Yard said: “Police are part of the protective security arrangements for the Prince and we will continue to work closely with the school, which is responsible for building security on its site.”

They added that she had been released on bail on Thursday, “pending further inquiries”.

Describing the woman’s arrest one eyewitness, who was sitting in a nearby restaurant, told the Daily Mail: “She was just sitting there really quietly with two men in ordinary clothes either side of her.

“She was completely calm and passive. She was completely unfazed.”

Several plain-clothed officers have been spotted in the area surrounding the fee-paying school, where security is being reviewed following the scare.

The incident came less than a week after George’s first day on September 7.

A police spokesman said they were working with the school to review its security arrangements after the incident.

1 London

London News & Search

1 News - 1 eMovies - 1 eMusic - 1 eBooks - 1 Search



Leave a Reply