Schoolboy arrested after pupil died 'from having cheese flicked into his mouth at school'

1 London

London News & Search

1 News - 1 eMovies - 1 eMusic - 1 eBooks - 1 Search

A schoolboy died after suffering a severe allergic reaction to cheese which was allegedly flicked into his mouth at school.

Karanbir Cheema, 13, died on Sunday at Great Ormond Street Hospital with his parents by his side after 12 days in intensive care.

The boy was a pupil at William Perkin C of E High School in Greenford, west London.

Staff rushed to help before paramedics arrived to take him to hospital after the incident on June 28.

The victim’s father Amarjeet Cheema told the Daily Mail: “It’s a tragic, tragic incident. We still don’t have all the answers. We don’t know what happened. I was told it was cheese that caused it.”

Headteacher Dame Alice Hudson said: “‘He was a popular Year 8 student at the school.

“He had many friends who are devastated at his death, as are the staff. He was a bright and keen student who excelled in maths. Our thoughts and prayers are with Karan’s family.”

Scotland Yard murder detectives are investigating. The cause of death has not been stated as a post-mortem has not yet taken place.

Scotland Yard said: “A 13-year-old boy, a pupil at the same school, was arrested on Wednesday, June 28, and interviewed in connection with the incident. 

“He has been bailed to return on a date in late July.

“The incident was initially investigated by officers from Ealing Borough but has since been passed to the Homicide and Major Crime Command.’

Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 020 8785 8244 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

1 London

London News & Search

1 News - 1 eMovies - 1 eMusic - 1 eBooks - 1 Search



Leave a Reply