London News & Search
An American man celebrating his wedding anniversary has been named as the latest victim of the Barcelona terror attacks.
Jared Tucker, 42, from California, was among 13 people killed when a terrorist ploughed a van into crowds on the busy shopping street of Las Ramblas on Thursday.
He had reportedly left his wife to find a toilet in a nearby restaurant moments before the attack.
“Next thing I know there’s screaming, yelling,” his wife Heidi Nunes, 40, told NBC News. “I got pushed inside the souvenir kiosk and stayed there hiding while everybody kept running by, screaming.”
His family confirmed on Friday that Mr Tucker’s body had been identified. “It’s just something we really just don’t understand. I don’t know what else to say,” said his father, Daniel Tucker.
Another victim was a 35-year-old Italian man, Bruno Gulotta, who had reportedly been holding his son’s hand as they walked along Las Ramblas before the terrorists struck.
His wife Martina, who was carrying their one-year-old daughter in a sling, pulled their son to safety at the last second, Italian media reported.
Mr Gulotta was a marketing and sales manager at Tom’s Hardware and is understood to have been a resident of Legnano, north-west of Milan.
Tom’s Hardware announced his death on its website and paid tribute to Mr Gulotta, saying that everyone who came into contact with him were impressed with his kindness and professionalism.
Luca Russo, 25, an engineer from Padua, in Italy, was confirmed among the dead. He was on holiday at the time of the attack alongside his girlfriend Marta Scomazzon.
Italian prime minister Paolo Gentiloni tweeted about both Mr Gulotta and Mr Russo, saying that Italy will gather tight around their families.
Ian Moore Wilson, from Canada, was confirmed dead by his daughter. Fiona Wilson said in a statement that her mother Valerie also needed “urgent medical attention and aftercare”.
“My dad’s passing leaves an immense void in our tight-knit family. He was desperately loved by us all and will be dearly missed,” Wilson’s statement read.
Also among the dead was Elke Vanbockrijck, a 44-year-old Belgian who had been on holiday in Barcelona with her husband and two sons.
Spaniard Francisco Lopez Rodriguez, from Granada, died at the scene after being hit by the van in Las Ramblas, his niece said on Twitter.
Raquel Baron Lopez posted a series of tweets in the aftermath of the attack as the family desperately tried to find him, but confirmed news of his death on Friday.
It is believed Mr Rodriguez was walking with four other family members at the time of the attack.
Pepita Codina, 75, also died in the attack, according to the mayor of Hipolit de Voltrega, a small town near Barcelona where she was from. Xavier Vilamala posted messages of condolence on Twitter and Instagram.
An Argentine-Spanish woman called Silvina Alejandra Pereyra, aged 40, was also reported to have died in Barcelona, as well as Carmen Lopardo, an Italian native who had lived in Argentina for 60 years.
Ana Maria Suarez was the sole fatality of the attack in the seaside resort of Cambrils, bringing the overall death toll up to 14.
The 61-year-old, from Zaragoza, north east Spain, was with her husband and sister, who were both injured in the attack, according to Radio Television Espanola.
The Spanish Royal Family Twitter account confirmed her death, offering their thoughts to her family.
A seven-year-old boy from Australia with British relatives was still among the missing on Saturday missing, as the family of Julian Cadman flew out to Barcelona in search of him.
London News & Search